Map 60CSX Exterior Damage

SG One

Well, basically I was out fixing a cache and decided to stop at a store on the way home. Since I didn't want to get my GPS stolen I put it in the arm rest storage. It turned out that the antenna was wedged between the lid and the rest of the box. When I came back to the car I leaned on the arm rest and heard a sickening noise. I opened the compartment I saw that the rubber on the back antenna had been torn slightly by the pressure. Luckily the antenna is still ok and the GPS works very well. I am concerned that the water resistance of the unit has been compromised.

I see a seal running down the sides and I'm hoping that it continues under the rubber of the antenna. I am hoping some one can tell me if this could be a serous issue or just cosmetic damage. I'm also looking for recommendations to seal the tear. Thank you for any and all help.

Well, basically I was out fixing a cache and decided to stop at a store on the way home. Since I didn't want to get my GPS stolen I put it in the arm rest storage. It turned out that the antenna was wedged between the lid and the rest of the box. When I came back to the car I leaned on the arm rest and heard a sickening noise. I opened the compartment I saw that the rubber on the back antenna had been torn slightly by the pressure. Luckily the antenna is still ok and the GPS works very well. I am concerned that the water resistance of the unit has been compromised.

I see a seal running down the sides and I'm hoping that it continues under the rubber of the antenna. I am hoping some one can tell me if this could be a serous issue or just cosmetic damage. I'm also looking for recommendations to seal the tear. Thank you for any and all help.

it would be best to buy a "dummy"

I buy mine for less than 12$can at horizonsnordsud.com ...

A+

I used my limited knowledge of French to translate the site but had no luck finding the "dummy".

a "dummy" is an original empty box of a garmin gpsmap 60Cx

I'm sure you can find it in US too ...

Thanks for the heads up. By box do you mean the housing of the unit?

I used my limited knowledge of French to translate the site but had no luck finding the "dummy".

a "dummy" is an original empty box of a garmin gpsmap 60Cx

I'm sure you can find it in US too ...

Thanks for the heads up. By box do you mean the housing of the unit?

yes (sorry for my limited english ...)