Loading GPX files to a Nuvi 660

I have just purchased a Nuvi 660 and am trying to load cache sheets as POI's to it as described in the article.I've set up the Macro button OK in GSAK but when I run Poiloader it dosn't put the GPX files in the Poiloader folder,there's only a couple of images and Geocache tour? If I then go ahead and load to the SD card in the Nuvi they appear so I added a test couple of cache GPX files in the Custom POI's by the same process.They do appear but there's only short info about so many feet and mph but no location or description.My loaded GPS world speed cameras don't show in this list any more either.Thinking I would begin again I formatted the SD card but they still appeared in this gobbledygook format.Dropping them out of the Garmin POI folder where the Cyclops files are did get rid of them.Where am I going wrong here,I am so afraid of crashing the Nuvi as I read so many others have.

I didn't encounter the same issue you did, so can't help you much there. I'm using a Nuvi 660 as well. Not sure if there's much difference between your unit as mine. Do you have the latest firmware and are you running the correct version of POI Loader?

The only difference between the procedures described and what I found is that GSAK is installed in c:\gsak instead of c:\program files\gsak on XP. Once I take that change into account everything went smoothly.

There is a thread dedicated to this topic, perhaps you can post there for help?

I didn't encounter the same issue you did, so can't help you much there. I'm using a Nuvi 660 as well. Not sure if there's much difference between your unit as mine. Do you have the latest firmware and are you running the correct version of POI Loader?

The only difference between the procedures described and what I found is that GSAK is installed in c:\gsak instead of c:\program files\gsak on XP. Once I take that change into account everything went smoothly.

There is a thread dedicated to this topic, perhaps you can post there for help?

You may well have a point about where GSAK is loaded,I didn't check that.Will have a little more experimentation and report back.

Read this topic and use Advanced Nuvi Macro - I do and it is a pleasure to see all the info of all cache listings as they would appear in GSAK

I highly recommend this Macro. GSAK also on C:\GSAK installed.

I also delete all previously loaded POI from the SD card and then from the Nüvi internal drive , then would load the new POI with POI Loader 2.5.3 to the internal memory. Remember that you need to upload this Nuvi list as well as all your traffic related GPX files in one upload batch.