Adding statistics or html features into Profile ?

emmanuelb38

I didn't think you had to be a Premium member to use HTML on your profile, but I may be wrong. Just use HTML codes in the text and see what happens.

There are a few places on the web where you can create a custom world map or country (you select the countries or states/provinces you want highlighted, the site generates an image, you save the image to a photo-sharing site and link to it from your profile).

The nice graphs, charts of statistics, and color-coded maps (see my profile) require you to be a premium member. You have to be able to download a "My Finds" pocket query, which is a pay-only feature. After downloading your finds you have to compile the statistics using one of various after-market programs or web sites. I personally use www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com. Then copy-n-paste the generated HTML to your profile.

Your best bet is to just start looking at people's profiles (from cache page logs or from the fora). If you see a profile you like send a PM to that person and ask how they did it.

I did'nt find any possibility to add html information or URL links ??? :unsure:

I didn't think you had to be a Premium member to use HTML on your profile, but I may be wrong. Just use HTML codes in the text and see what happens.

One does not need to be special in order to use HTML in their profile, or a cache page, or a travel bug page, or a log, or a forum post.

You only need to know HTML.

And in some cases you have to click a little button on the page that says "The descriptions below are in HTML", well for caches only, all those others assume that you are using HTML or BBcode.

Edited by trainlove

Hello,

I saw that many geocachers can display statistics of there founds or countries where they have geocached.

Can somebody explain me how to add this kind of information in my profile page ?

I did'nt find any possibility to add html information or URL links ??? :unsure:

Thanks in advance for your help...

If you go to your profile you will see a Edit profile link near the top left. That brings you to a form where you can enter your profile info and HTML is allowed it the edit box.

Jim

I saw that many geocachers can display statistics of there founds or countries where they have geocached.

Can somebody explain me how to add this kind of information in my profile page ?

I did'nt find any possibility to add html information or URL links ??? :P

I re-read this and think I may have misinterpreted the main point of the question. Now I think you're talking about the fact that there are no automatic buttons to click to add bold, web links, pictures, etc., such as those on the bar above a forum post edit box.

If that's your question, then no, such niceties do not exist. You either have to manually code the text on your profile editing page (example , <b>this text would be in bold in HTML</b>) or use an HTML editor to create the text before copy-n-pasting to your profile.

[Edit: the statistics bit is the same, though, you need to be a Premium member before you can get access to all the pretty graphs and charts, unless you make the manually]

Edited by J-Way

HELP

I to am having problems getting these stats into my profile page on geocache.com I have read all the threads but am still confused. I have created my page full of statistics by using FindStatGen3 and GSAK, this I have saved as a HTML document or can create again...... BUT how do I get this to automaticaly appear on my Profile page as many other users have? I can get into the "edit my profile page" but what do I do with it when i'm there ???

HELP

I to am having problems getting these stats into my profile page on geocache.com I have read all the threads but am still confused. I have created my page full of statistics by using FindStatGen3 and GSAK, this I have saved as a HTML document or can create again...... BUT how do I get this to automaticaly appear on my Profile page as many other users have? I can get into the "edit my profile page" but what do I do with it when i'm there ???

Open the file with the HTML code. Select all the text and copy to your clipboard (if using Windows hit Control-C, or menu Edit->Copy). Open your profile page and scroll down to the largish field toward the bottom called "Your Profile Details", click in it, and past the code you copied (Control-V, or menu Edit->Paste). Click "Update Account" (you have to enter your password).

You may have to clean the code up a bit, but that should work. Hope this helps.

HELP

Read this FAQ.

Jim