downloading.LOC files

exfedup

If I access the GeoCache page through the Garmin site , I can download LOC files (Cache sites). However if I go directly to Geocache, as in now, if I download cache sites, my computer does not recognoze the .LOC format and I cannot load my GPS. Going through Garmin is less user friendly and time comsuming. :laughing:

First I'm going to assume that you don't have a program to download to your GPS

Second I'm going to assume you have a Garmin

Third I'm going to assume you mean the Garmin Communicator plug-in found on the cache pages

What you need is a program found on this site http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/

You can find programs that will allow you to download the .loc files from geocaching.com and then send to GPS.

I suggest EasyGPS, since it is an easy program to figure out.

First I'm going to assume that you don't have a program to download to your GPS

Second I'm going to assume you have a Garmin

Third I'm going to assume you mean the Garmin Communicator plug-in found on the cache pages

What you need is a program found on this site http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/

You can find programs that will allow you to download the .loc files from geocaching.com and then send to GPS.

I suggest EasyGPS, since it is an easy program to figure out.

I had a the same problem awhile back. I have a Garmin and found it much easier to download the EasyGps program. I goto the Geocache i'm interested in, hit the loc button and the easygps program starts up automatically. Once there hit the send to gps button. After a micro second its downloaded in the Gps. I really like that the name of the cache appears in the gps, cool feature.

I had a the same problem awhile back. I have a Garmin and found it much easier to download the EasyGps program. I goto the Geocache i'm interested in, hit the loc button and the easygps program starts up automatically. Once there hit the send to gps button. After a micro second its downloaded in the Gps. I really like that the name of the cache appears in the gps, cool feature.

I have the same problem. On my XP PC I no longer can use send to GPS to my Garmin GPS 5. It used to work fine. The GPS is recognized by Garmin's test page and show it is working. The GPS also still works fine with Mapsource software. Just does not seem to work with the Geocaching.com web page. I am using IE 6 on the XP. It works just fine on my Vista PC that has IE 7. Now I use easy GPS to do the conversion. Not quite as easy but sure beats typing it in.

I have the same problem. On my XP PC I no longer can use send to GPS to my Garmin GPS 5. It used to work fine. The GPS is recognized by Garmin's test page and show it is working. The GPS also still works fine with Mapsource software. Just does not seem to work with the Geocaching.com web page. I am using IE 6 on the XP. It works just fine on my Vista PC that has IE 7. Now I use easy GPS to do the conversion. Not quite as easy but sure beats typing it in.

The latest update has issues with IE 6 - also - only Premium Members are meant to use the "send to GPS" feature although it worked for a time for all members.