Newbie question

slacsteve

There must be more to the cache description than what you have typed. There has to be a way to arrive at the numbers represented by the letters A, B and C. If someone had the GC number and could look at the full description perhaps then you could get some help but I agree with the last posting -- no help with what you have given.

What does this mean? "The cache is not at the posted coordinates. Solve: A = 20.29275 AC = 175.40975 BC = 100.00000."

It is not apparent to me what I do with the three numbers A B C in order to find the cache.

What this means is that although the cache listing has coordinates you won't find the cache there. I would have to assume that it's a puzzle cache that you have to do or solve something to get the correct coords.

If you can tell me which cache it is I could confirm that for you. I'm sure we can give you an idea of a likely approach to solving the cache without giving anything away.

It looks like a mathematical problem, you know the value of A, and from that can work out the value of C, then B. I presume once you know the values of A, B and C you can work out the co-ordinates.

Some puzzle caches can be very difficult, there are lots near me that I haven't bothered trying to work out, some though just take some basic maths or research and give you a great sence of achievement once you've cracked the code. ;)

What does this mean? "The cache is not at the posted coordinates. Solve: A = 20.29275 AC = 175.40975 BC = 100.00000."

It is not apparent to me what I do with the three numbers A B C in order to find the cache.

added: GC17T8P

Thanks.... The hint published says volumes about the "solve: ....." line.

How to apply it is up to you.

Doug VE7RXC I haven't figured it all myself... but I know where to fiddle.