WYSIWYG editor integrated

Lapu-Lapu

I haven't found that this was discussed here in detail yet.

When editing a cache description I use NVU to create the HTML code. That's acceptable to me but I'm often asked by other cachers why there is no WYSIWYG editor integrated. That's indeed a good question as here in the forum there is one.

Are there any plans to integrate a WYSIWYG editor into the cache description editing page?

I haven't found that this was discussed here in detail yet.

When editing a cache description I use NVU to create the HTML code. That's acceptable to me but I'm often asked by other cachers why there is no WYSIWYG editor integrated. That's indeed a good question as here in the forum there is one.

Are there any plans to integrate a WYSIWYG editor into the cache description editing page?

I imagine that integrating something like the open source TinyMCE would be very helpful for folks.

The nice thing about TinyMCE is that it's javascript based and would work with almost all browsers, plus Groundspeak can control what features are allowed and what aren't. For instance, if they don't want embedded media such as flash being used on a page, they just turn off that feature, and the button to insert it disappears.

If I need any HTML in my pages, I create them off-line and then paste them into the description boxes, but having an integrated editor right there would be nice. It would even be better if users could turn it on and off, like a setting in their profile where they choose to use or not use the internal HTML editor. If not, they could still create HTML pages themselves and paste them into the box.

It just might get tricky since there are two areas to enter text, the short and long description. I wouldn't want a big toolbar editor filling up the screen above each box.

What's to be done to make Groundspeak to integrate it?

Hold your breath . That's all you have to do.

Actually, they saw your request, and the replies.

If they like it they will implement it sometime between now and the future.

They do not have a public list of what they like, what features they do not like, what bugs they plan on fixing, what bugs they do not desire to fix...

So my first sentence stands.

I didn't want to sound impatient.

If my idea was noticed it's fine, if it will be implemented I'll be happy.

I thought there might be something like a bugtracker where feature ideas can be posted as well. Obviously the forum is the right place to do it... that's OK with me.