Map interface of Users caches

ThunderSapper

A feature I would love to see on geocaching.com would be the ability to view a google map showing the locations of caches for a particular user. For instance, if I view a list of my friend's hidden caches, I would like to have a link to google maps, similar to a map of caches around home coordinates. The map could either be based on the most recent listing (easiest) or center mass of all listings. I can manipulate the map, drag or zoom, there after to see the specific caches near me.

Okay, if no one else in interested in a map option, what about an option when building a pocket query to select caches by user name? This is interesting to me b/c I have made a number of friends in the area with lots of caches and I would like to see in a visual format where their caches are so that I can pick the ones I want to pick up in an effort to find all their caches! Any one else?

The idea of making a cachers username part of a PQ definition has been asked many times. I'm not sure of the status of if they like it or not.

If that was implemented then you could look at the map of the PQ preview, or run the PQ and import it into your own maps.

But then I'm sure the 'bug' that I mention in http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=206045 would have to really be addressed.

Edited by trainlove

I would like to see in a visual format where their caches are so that I can pick the ones I want to pick up in an effort to find all their caches!

You could always just send all their caches to your GPS and use that to 'see' where they all are.

I've done that for my Magellan Gold. I have a waypoint file on my SD card that's all the caches of Nomad64, well all the ones I have yet to find. I've even included, but suitably encoded, the few that are archived. By clearing waypoint memory I can load that file and just see his. Or I could just load his into existing memory where I currently have about 200 other waypoints defined. Oh, yes, I encoded his caches in such a way that I can instantly tell it's one of the few of his that I have yet to do, without having to even look at the notes section of the waypoint definition.

I would like to see in a visual format where their caches are so that I can pick the ones I want to pick up in an effort to find all their caches!

You could always just send all their caches to your GPS and use that to 'see' where they all are.

I've done that for my Magellan Gold. I have a waypoint file on my SD card that's all the caches of Nomad64, well all the ones I have yet to find. I've even included, but suitably encoded, the few that are archived. By clearing waypoint memory I can load that file and just see his. Or I could just load his into existing memory where I currently have about 200 other waypoints defined. Oh, yes, I encoded his caches in such a way that I can instantly tell it's one of the few of his that I have yet to do, without having to even look at the notes section of the waypoint definition.

Thanks for the great idea!