Groundspeak application for the iPhone released!

I deleted the app on the iphone and then re-purchased it via the app store on the iphone and now its working.

So I did everything on the iPhone instead of doing it on the computer and syncing.

I don't know why that should make a difference but it did for me.

I can't guarantee this will work for anyone else but it worked for me.

--Chris

I'm having trouble logging in. Whenever I attempt to login I get this message;

Login error

Please check username and password on the Settings tab.

The same for me. Maybe it has something to do with our nick which has "+" signs in it. If I delete Login data from the application it works same as before upgrade but I would love if this could be sorted out.

Works fine for me...

Rebooted my phone after deleting the first version. (by holding on/off and home)

installed the new version and did a reboot.

No problems at all !

Great app !!!!! Love the new options. Will be out caching with it soon

My iPhone is Jaibroken as well. This does look to be DRM and JailBroken specific.

:)

Too bad I didn't backup the 1.0 version. Let us know if there is anything you need to have tested. I am computer savvy and am willing to do some leg work and provide debug information.

Thanks.

I'm having trouble logging in. Whenever I attempt to login I get this message;

Login error

Please check username and password on the Settings tab.

I'm getting the same message too.

I just tried creating another account with a simpler/shorter username and I can log in on that account.

So maybe there is a limit to the number username chars on the Iphone app.

Regards

Phil

For those who are having trouble logging in and who have a special character in their username ( like & or ! ), here is a relevant post from Jeremy from the other thread which contains a lot of information:

The ampersand is a problem and we had anticipated it but apparently did not fix it in some cases.

It has been a problem for various services on Geocaching.com over the lifetime of the site. We'll likely ask users to change their username if it has an ampersand in it. In the meantime you can send an email to contact@geocaching.com and we'll change your name to something else for you to get this to work.

We will fix the issue in future versions of the iPhone application but we really need to do cleanup on usernames so these issues don't repeat themselves. The use of ampersands in things like Urls require formatting changes, as well as issues with rendering html. New accounts currently don't allow ampersands and other characters in usernames but older accounts still exist with them.

:) I've been using the Iphone App for little over a week. I do have a Garmin GPS but figured I would try the Iphone just because.

I have absolutely no complaints. The arrow has been dead nuts on in the last 9 finds. I find the switching to the map really useful to. With the arrow, make sure u start walking some and then it kicks in, when u get within 15-20ft it begins to go nuts, keep walking and the arrow will turn around and point u right at the object and the feet will be right.

Maybe just me but I have had good luck with it, maybe the program makes it too easy.

I wish the Iphone would allow u to switch between apps without restarting everytime.

From the other thread:

We also nailed down the issue with some installs and will release a hotfix that also fixes the ampersand login issues some users are having.

Please continue the conversation over there.

For now, I'll close this thread so that I don't have to keep pasting information from there into here.