Forum Signature Question

Skippermark

I'm thinking of making a signature and noticed some are just straight forward text lines and then some are followed by a box surround some text and some others have HTML links in them.

So, my question is how, how do you get the boxes around parts of the signature, and can HTML be used to create the links?

Thanks...

I'm thinking of making a signature and noticed some are just straight forward text lines and then some are followed by a box surround some text and some others have HTML links in them.

So, my question is how, how do you get the boxes around parts of the signature, and can HTML be used to create the links?

Thanks...

You use BBcode like here in the forums to make the links, and I believe the boxes are created if you leave a blank line between text in the signature.

[url=http://www.yourlinkehere.com]Linky text[/url]

Edited by Stunod

By looking at the HTML source of some of the 'boxed' signatures. It appears that anything after a <p> tag is inside one.

But I can't be sure since one hazard of not being a premium member is not being able to change your signature.

Edited to correct that last sentence, I'm wrong there. But I seem to be having trouble 'registering' my signature change to try this out.

Edited a second time to say that it's the BBcode version of the paragraph tag that one needs. [p] not <p>. Stuff before the first [p] will be outside the box. Second and so on boxes can be made with other [p]'s in your signature.

Edited by trainlove

By looking at the HTML source of some of the 'boxed' signatures. It appears that anything after a <p> tag is inside one.

But I can't be sure since one hazard of not being a premium member is not being able to change your signature.

Edited to correct that last sentence, I'm wrong there. But I seem to be having trouble 'registering' my signature change to try this out.

Edited a second time to say that it's the BBcode version of the paragraph tag that one needs. [p] not <p>. Stuff before the first [p] will be outside the box. Second and so on boxes can be made with other [p]'s in your signature.

So that's how that box got there. I've been wondering. Thanks for the info.