I adopted some caches.

GrinderG

I adopted three caches in my area, because the previous owner had moved away and could no longer maintain them. On the cache pages the previous owner is still listed has being the owner, but when you click on his name it directs you to my page. On my page they are listed as being my caches. Is there a way to get this changed or will it stay that way as he was the original hider?

I adopted three caches in my area, because the previous owner had moved away and could no longer maintain them. On the cache pages the previous owner is still listed has being the owner, but when you click on his name it directs you to my page. On my page they are listed as being my caches. Is there a way to get this changed or will it stay that way as he was the original hider?

You can go in and edit the cache pages, since they are now yours. Change the name to yours.

Often cachers will give credit to the original CO, either in a note on the cache page, or by leaving the original owners name, with thier own name added as 'adopted by'

i.e. Owner: OriginalOwner (adopted by newowner)

Hope this helps

You can go in and edit the cache pages, since they are now yours. Change the name to yours.

Often cachers will give credit to the original CO, either in a note on the cache page, or by leaving the original owners name, with thier own name added as 'adopted by'

i.e. Owner: OriginalOwner (adopted by newowner)

Hope this helps

I also adopted a bunch of caches awhile back and changed the owner name as described above. Although I now own them and can do whatever I want with them I have maintained the spirit in which they were originally created.

One of the caches I have adopted was the first cache I ever found.