Lost Geocoins and TB's What to do?

<_< We have sent off some new geocoins this spring and summer (and includes Unite for Diabetes TB lost somewhere in Milwaukee, Wisconsin), which have disappeared! Others have just not moved. The ones that are missing are A Wisconsin Geocoin:Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, a suncatcher Lighthouse, the Unite for Diabetes (which was to go to Petrolina, Brazil (earlier issue) and a couple of others-if you check our proifile you'll see which ones have stopped moving.

My question is: Do the lost ones ever appear on ebay or for sale if they have been registered as trackable?What have you done to find them? What if some of the coins ended up in the floods? Any thoughts on that?

It also seems as if their has been someone taking coins and TB's from our area not just ours, but not all are missing. So it seems as if the more desirable are being taken. I'm trying to be positive about this. Otherwise, I don't want to cause alarm, but I am wondering is it muggles out to destroy a good thing or someone who likes certain coins and not willing to follow the rules!

Your thoughts please.

Thanks, Mrs. Knoozer x 2zer :D

This is a great topic to take to the Travel Bug and Geocoin forums. I do feel your pain, as I have lost some of my coins to the "wild". There are many, many others who spend the money and send out travellers, just to watch them go missing after 1 or 2 caches. If you do a search in either above forum, you'll see you are in good company.

The best advice is also found in the forums, but there have been exhaustive topics posted on the subject. Best thing to do will be to make a note on the TB's pages that they *may* be missing, and you would like them to return to the freedom of travel. If they have been gone for a while (months), I've seen people change the name of their TB or coin to "Stolen" or "Missing" to try even harder to guilt people into returning them to travel.

Best of luck, and know that you'll find good info in a search of those forums, and even more people who have gone through the same thing. <_<

Of my 20+ Travel Bugs sent out over the years - about 50% are "missing". It isn't just coins.

I stopped worrying about it long ago. Life is to short to worry about an item I leave in old tupperware out in a field where nobody but geocachers ever walk.

Sometimes they start moving again after a month or 2 sometimes after 2 or 3 years of no activity they pop up in a container 1000 miles away. Just happens.