Oregon/Colorado Tasks?

Captain Gore-tex

It works fine for me, but I use an onclick script that activates when the player "talks" to the charecter giving the task.

I'm using OnClick with a Garmin Oregon as well and do not see the MessageBox when running the cartrige from the Oregon. Everything works file on the Simulator. The code I'm using is below:

function ztaskStayAlive:OnClick()

-- #GroupDescription=Script --

-- #Comment=Script Comment --

Wherigo.MessageBox{Text=[[Life Points remaining: ]] .. LifePoints,}

end

or

function ztaskSavethePrincess:OnClick()

ztaskSavethePrincess.Active = true

Wherigo.MessageBox{Text=[[You must save the Princess...to do so rescue her form the castle.

This is a treacherous land with many dangers. You have 5 life points available and can check how you are doing in the "Stay Alive" task. Good Luck.]],}

end

Edited by aarastas

It works fine for me, but I use an onclick script that activates when the player "talks" to the charecter giving the task.

I'm using OnClick with a Garmin Oregon as well and do not see the MessageBox when running the cartrige from the Oregon. Everything works file on the Simulator. The code I'm using is below:

function ztaskStayAlive:OnClick()

Wherigo.MessageBox{Text=[[Life Points remaining: ]] .. LifePoints,}

end

or

function ztaskSavethePrincess:OnClick()

ztaskSavethePrincess.Active = true

Wherigo.MessageBox{Text=[[You must save the Princess...to do so rescue her form the castle.

This is a treacherous land with many dangers. You have 5 life points available and can check how you are doing in the "Stay Alive" task. Good Luck.]],}

end

OK, after giving this some thought last night, I've got two possible workarounds.

For the "Save The Princess" task, it looks to me as if you are just using that task to tell the player "You must save the Princess...to do so rescue her form the castle.

This is a treacherous land with many dangers. You have 5 life points available and can check how you are doing in the "Stay Alive" task. Good Luck."

Yes, you need the task, but do you REALLY need to use that to give that info to the player? That seems like information that could, and probably should, be given at the start of the cartridge. Otherwise, use an NPC to inform the player of the task.

For the lives left counter, that seems like it should be an item of some sort.

On my cartridge, I decided that with the issues that CO and OR users are having with the "tasks", that I would keep my tasks invisible, and use NPC's to ask the questions and get the answers.

Has anyone managed to get the tasks working yet for these models. Mine fails to display the picture or words on the tasks.

Twice briefly press switch on bottom of device (invoke and close the "bulb screen"). Tasks should appear after this.

I'm having the same problem (I think). I've made a cartridge. Everything works fine in the emulator. When I try to play it on my Garmin Colorado the task don't work properly. When I select a task it displays the task's detail screen instead of the message I want it to show.

There is no button on the bottom of my device to push.

Is there something about my garmin that is incompatible with this Wherigo function, or is there something wrong in the cartridge I've created?

Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this?

Again, try using an NPC to give the player the info.

I can't do this either. None of the on click commands seem to work. In the builder i choose to display a message to the player when a zone/character/item/task is clicked. It works in the emulator, but when I play it in my garmin it displays the zone/character/item/task description instead.

I can't figure it out. When I play the tutorial on my garmin I click the item 'spacesuit' and get a button 'wear'. The builder, as far as i can tell, only allows me to add buttons to message boxes, not to descriptions. So this on click function must work in the turtorial cartridge, but not in the cartridges I make.

What am I doing wrong/different?

Can someone please help? We're really excited about publishing the first Wherigo cache in our area. We're so close to having it done. This is the only thing that's holding us up.