Request for Barstow California GeoCachers!

cliffsheets

I need a favor from anyone who finds themselves GeoCaching in the Barstow, California area.

In the mid 80's when I was about 13 or 14 years old, my cousin and I were visiting my grandparents who used to own 500 acres of land out in the Barstow desert. We decided we would hike up the mountain and place a bottle with paper and a pencil in it so anyone who found it could add their names and dates. In 2000 or 2001, I hiked up there again and found it stuffed with paper and signatures and poems and quotes and anything else people wanted to write.

I now live in Texas, but I would really like to make this an official GeoCache. But I need to make sure it is still there and to get the precise coordinates. I have pretty close GPS coordinates. Also, it's easy to find because there is a big white K on the mountain almost to the top and if I remember, the bottle was under a pile of rocks not too far from the K. (My brother and I painted the K on the Mountain).

the coordinates of the K (known because you can see it on Google Earth) are N 35 00'45.29" W 116 56'01.13"

Whoever is the FTF, please reply with the precise coordinates and the condition of the bottle. :ph34r:

Cliff I would love to help you out. Not sure when I'll be out there next but I frequent the Mojave during the fall and winter, hunting and off-roading. I hope your K isn't in the expansion area of Fort Irwin.

I forwarded this to a couple of cachers who are active in the Barstow area.

Edited by karstic