Junk in caches instead of trade items

rach_kelley

I have no problems of cleaning out overfull containers of junk without leaving something in return if it is causing a problem with the cache such as making it hard to close. That is the beauty of caches in parks. They all have trash cans.

On my caches when I visit them I'll clean out all junk. Some people get a little emotional about it. I tossed out a used brillo pad once andf mentioned on my visit note that I thought putting a brillo pad was a dumb idea. The guy that put it there emailed me and said that he thought it was a unique and funny idea and didn't appreciate my dissing him about it. (I had no idea who put it in as there was no online logs or paper log entries taking credit for it). Of course I didn't bother responding to him. What could I have possibly said?

Trash is trash and needs to be treated as such.

I've often left $2 bills and $1 presidential coins.

I leave foriegn coins regularly.

I've occasionally left one or more $1 bills.

I would never leave nickles and dimes - maybe a few quarters.

Same here!

Several months ago, I purchased rolls of the new gold presidential dollar coins. I always had room at the bottom of my swag bag for them. In fact, I often found this to be the ONLY swag on hand that fit in several SMALL containers.

They're all gone now.

My family and I have only been doing this for a little over a year. My 9 and 6 year olds are all about the "treasure". Over the summer we went looking for a micro which did not thrill the kids but was ok because it was near a playground. As I was signing the log, my six year old hands me a penny out of her pocket and says "here mommy, this will fit in there". My kids know about trading even, etc. so she was giving up her penny, knowing she wasn't getting anything in return. So for the next person that finds this cache, I guess you'll have to put up with my daughter's "junk" of a penny. But I know it was placed there by a very proud 6 year old who just loves the "game".

My family and I have only been doing this for a little over a year. My 9 and 6 year olds are all about the "treasure". Over the summer we went looking for a micro which did not thrill the kids but was ok because it was near a playground. As I was signing the log, my six year old hands me a penny out of her pocket and says "here mommy, this will fit in there". My kids know about trading even, etc. so she was giving up her penny, knowing she wasn't getting anything in return. So for the next person that finds this cache, I guess you'll have to put up with my daughter's "junk" of a penny. But I know it was placed there by a very proud 6 year old who just loves the "game".

:ph34r::blink::):P:D