topics and forums

Boom!pa

I couldn't believe it when I tried to comment on the "nano cache as an option" topic that it was now locked out. What is the point of these topics and forums (and who does it hurt) to actually keep these topics going for discussion purposes even though not everyone is on the same side in the debate! The nano cache topic is a great example that if there is that much discussion then it maybe warranted to leave it go on to see how much interest is in it and maybe there is a necessity to rethink the option. Just because it is the current view of the moderators that it doesn't need to change doesn't mean that this should stay like this forever. Thoughout the years whether its geocaching, regular laws, rules etc in anything from sports to States, to Countries; laws are rules are ammended to suit and grow with the changing times. Evolving hasn'

t hurt anything, especially the sport of geocaching which we all love or we wouldn't be here talking about things such as this, and I don't think supressing peoples opinions helps in the evolution of the sport. IMO, just let people talk about it, and even though you may not agree with other peoples opinions or suggestions, certainly don't "lock" them out from discussing them.. If this is the answer to things then why even have threads at all!

Topics get locked because the original poster requested it, personal attacks are starting, or other un-sportsmanlike activity, or the topic has gone completely in to the weeds. Topics that remain on topic, are civil and have genuine discussions are generally left to die of natural causes.

Jim

Topics get locked because the original poster requested it, personal attacks are starting, or other un-sportsmanlike activity, or the topic has gone completely in to the weeds. Topics that remain on topic, are civil and have genuine discussions are generally left to die of natural causes.

Jim

Ahhh..I was unaware that people would want to lock their own topic. I can't believe that in the geocaching community theere would be those people that would hound the topic starter for just that..starting a topic! Probably me just wanting everyone to get along but still be able to debate things without getting nasty!