Las Vegas Hike Suggestions for a Visitor

Team Rampant Lion

I would really appreciate it if some of the Las Vegas locals could give me some advice on great hikes around the area. Will be visiting from NJ and not too familiar with the region. Here's what would be the best situation:

• Within a 1 - 1.5 hour drive of downtown Las Vegas
  • A scenic, loop trail in a park with established hiking trails
  • Easy to moderate hike difficulty
  • 2 - 2.5 hours in length to complete the loop

Any suggestions would really help me out. Cache coordinates (or starting point) a big plus. Thanks in advance for your advice.

I would suggest the Red Rock area. Its close to town and very scenic. Lots of hiking trails, lots of caches. The cache closest to the Visitor Center is GCVZDC Red Rock Travel Bug Resort.

You might also want to check out the Nevada Geocaching Association site. The local cachers are usually willing to show visitors around. Enjoy!

Thank you for the suggestion. I did check it out online and it looks like a great area.

Other suggestions are still welcome.

I would agree with the tractor. Groomed trails are rare around here. The other option would be in the Mt Charleston area and those are further away and take longer. Red Rocks has the more Leisurely hikes. Don't be afraid to stop at any parking area and hike out the trail. Most all are out and back, espeacially along the West side.