MapSource City Navigator 2008

BCwindmill

Completely new to this, although I have found 4 caches. :) My question, I have the MapSource City Navigator 2008 on my PC and am supposed to have WebLinks to geocache.com, I can NOT find it, or figure out how to use it. To date I am hand entering my cache locations, but would much rather download the info. I'm sure my question is dumb, but as a mod on another work related site I understand that there is no stupid question. (I might be wrong though) :)

Edited by BCwindmill

For loading caches into your GPS, try GSAK. IF your a premium member you can run quaries and then load them into GSAK. Then you can sort them all kind of ways and then export them into your GPS.

EasyGPS also works well for this. It's not nearly as powerful as GSAK, but it's a lot easier to learn - and free.

Moving to appropriate forum

http://www8.garmin.com/weblinkextensions/ Apparently MapSource has two, Google Maps and Geocache.com. Google maps comes up, Geocache does not.

At any rate is there a way to upload gecahe co-ordinates to my VistaHCx? Anything to make things easier :laughing:

So far all the respondents have missed the obvious Send To GPS function. It's not the same thing as WebLinks in that you don't use it from MapSource. You go to the cache page on geocaching.com and click Send To GPS. It will then download the cache coordinates to your Vista HCx. You will need to install the Garmin Communicator plugin.

http://www8.garmin.com/weblinkextensions/ Apparently MapSource has two, Google Maps and Geocache.com. Google maps comes up, Geocache does not.

At any rate is there a way to upload gecahe co-ordinates to my VistaHCx? Anything to make things easier :laughing:

So far all the respondents have missed the obvious Send To GPS function. It's not the same thing as WebLinks in that you don't use it from MapSource. You go to the cache page on geocaching.com and click Send To GPS. It will then download the cache coordinates to your Vista HCx. You will need to install the Garmin Communicator plugin.

Yes, you will need the communicator plugin to use the weblink for the geocaching site as the weblink only gets you a searchpage.