Change Geocaching Name

SoDakCachers

I have a question that I'm sure has been asked before but I haven't been able to find it.

Is it possible to change my geocaching name to something that will better fit my whole family now that they have caught the bug as well? I realize I can just sign up another name, but I want to keep my finds, logs, ect. Is this a possibility??

I have a question that I'm sure has been asked before but I haven't been able to find it.

Is it possible to change my geocaching name to something that will better fit my whole family now that they have caught the bug as well? I realize I can just sign up another name, but I want to keep my finds, logs, ect. Is this a possibility??

Hi,

In the Getting Started Forum, in the pinned FAQ thread: How do I change my username?

Fortunately, if you did need to make a new profile and transfer over finds though, you don't have mass amounts to have to deal with.

Our family started with a name that my husband chose. But when I became more interested in caching after a couple months, we made separate accounts for each one of us. My husband kept the original name, "all41", I'm "Ambrosia", our daughter is "Water Lily", and our son is "Kboy".

We have been caching for 6 1/2 years, our kids were 5 and 8 when we started, and now they are 11 and 14. We've always been glad that we created our own identities because it personalized our own experiences within geocaching.

On the other hand, there are lots of families out there with team/group accounts and they're perfectly happy with that as well. I just thought I'd throw out another option for you to think about. :unsure:

No you you will have to start another account. Then go back and relog all your finds under the new name. People do it all the time. Good Luck