Subscribed Threads Reas Still List As New Messages?

Ratsneve

^^^^^ Reas Reads ^^^^^

Recently I have participated in many threads which I have thus subscribed to for email notification or because of interest. I've looked at the subscribed list of topics though and noticed that the most recent ones, even though I've just finished reading any new posts in them, still show up listed with bold icons and indication that they have new posts in them--which they don't. Below these are many older threads that have not had any recent new posts to them.

Why do these recent threads still show up as having new posts in them when they don't? Is there a little problem going on with this forum feature?

Thank you.

Edited by Ratsneve

^^^^^ Reas Reads ^^^^^

Recently I have participated in many threads which I have thus subscribed to for email notification or because of interest. I've looked at the subscribed list of topics though and noticed that the most recent ones, even though I've just finished reading any new posts in them, still show up listed with bold icons and indication that they have new posts in them--which they don't. Below these are many older threads that have not had any recent new posts to them.

Why do these recent threads still show up as having new posts in them when they don't? Is there a little problem going on with this forum feature?

Thank you.

Well? ;)

It's a little unclear to me how the forum software decides when you've read all the posts in a thread. Maybe you need to scroll to the bottom, or stay looking at the page for a certain period of time??

http://www.invisionpower.com/community/board/

It's something different. I know it happens when the software is updated and when a recovery happens, but those are pretty obvious. I'm not entirely sure why this happens. I'll go to the link given in the watchmail but the forum doesn't register I was there. I noticed this phenomenon over the past week.

Using: Vista Home Premium, IE7. Cookies are not disabled or filtered by AV.

Why hasn't Groundspeak or any moderators that know addressed this at all? If it is broken and isn't going to be fixed until the next forum software update--fine--but where are the clues that you are aware?

Using Windows XP, SP3 plus everything else that comes across Microsoft Update.

IE 7.0.5730.13. (Sorry if you ignorned me because I didn't provide this info.)

Thanks.

Edited by Ratsneve

It's a minor issue when compared to the larger ones that need to be fixed. I'm all for allowing them to prioritize the list.

Unfortunately I was not aware of any other problems... Wait, there is the duplicate posting problem but I get around it by using the back arrow to the original post and only then refresh. I then only see my one post (no duplicate).

Well, okay, I'll just remove this thread from my subscribed topics and we'll let it DIE!