GPS Advice

cee-jay

I am looking fora GPS now that I have got started on this wonderful game! I am not looking for anything expensive and have shortlisted 3, and I would welcome advice from more experienced geocachers. Looking at the eTrex H, the Legend HCX and the Venture HC. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

I am looking fora GPS now that I have got started on this wonderful game! I am not looking for anything expensive and have shortlisted 3, and I would welcome advice from more experienced geocachers. Looking at the eTrex H, the Legend HCX and the Venture HC. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

All good choices. If you may want maps, rule out the H. If you may want to add a lot of maps or autorouting, rule out the HC. That would leave the HCX.

All good choices. If you may want maps, rule out the H. If you may want to add a lot of maps or autorouting, rule out the HC. That would leave the HCX.

I have just placed an order for the Legend HCX. Can't wait for it to arrive now so that I can have a play! :unsure: Thanks for the advice.

I have just placed an order for the Legend HCX. Can't wait for it to arrive now so that I can have a play! :blink: Thanks for the advice.

Good choice. Its a unit you can grow into and it has a lot of features.