Does Topo 2008 and Inland Lakes and streams need to be unlocked to a unit?

BBH

Unlike City Navigator, which needs to be unlocked and can only be used on one unit, can topo and inland lakes be used on any Garmin Mapping handheld unit? Im considering selling/trading my current unit, but the ability to load my current maps will play into my decision. I've got a nuvi, so I don't need CN on my handheld, but want to be able to have them on a new handheld. I've searched, but could not come up with anything.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Unlike City Navigator, which needs to be unlocked and can only be used on one unit, can topo and inland lakes be used on any Garmin Mapping handheld unit? Im considering selling/trading my current unit, but the ability to load my current maps will play into my decision. I've got a nuvi, so I don't need CN on my handheld, but want to be able to have them on a new handheld. I've searched, but could not come up with anything.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Topo 2008 requires no unlock code, but I have no experience with Inland Lakes.

Inland lakes is unlocked just like topo is. Bluecharts on the other hand is locked like city navigator.

I have inland lakes, and it does show many more lakes depth contours than the old fishing hotspots did, and has the whole US included instead of charging for three disks for the whole US. The fishing hotspots showed much more info(submerged objects, ect.) so I kinda wish they would have at least included this for the lakes they had it for before.

Edited by hogrod

Yeah, I really wish someone with experience with the Inland Lakes program would respond to this one because I've wondered that myself. My guess is that it is unprotected and can be loaded to multiple units though.

I have both, along with City Navigator. I tried to upload CN, and it said maps can't be unlocked. If I can get a USB unit (My vista is serial, which I can't connect to my computer), then I will give it a try.