Searching For Trackable Items

Tarot

As some of you may be aware, Garmin are giving away free geocoins as part of their Visit UK Challenge. Unless the owner changes the name, the current coins show up as "Garmin Visit UK - Big Ben Geocoin"

Part of the contest involves finding a coin to be able to enter, and it was while searching for the nearest coin that the following happens.

Using the "Search For A Trackable Item By Name" and putting in "Garmin Visit" , I always get 100 results. From reading posts, there are clearly more of these coins activated. Are the results limited to 100 items, and if so is there another way to search for named coins.

Regards Tarot

As some of you may be aware, Garmin are giving away free geocoins as part of their Visit UK Challenge. Unless the owner changes the name, the current coins show up as "Garmin Visit UK - Big Ben Geocoin"

Part of the contest involves finding a coin to be able to enter, and it was while searching for the nearest coin that the following happens.

Using the "Search For A Trackable Item By Name" and putting in "Garmin Visit" , I always get 100 results. From reading posts, there are clearly more of these coins activated. Are the results limited to 100 items, and if so is there another way to search for named coins.

Regards Tarot

I was wondering about that too. Ours is called "Geo-Gophers Garmin Visit UK - Big Ben Geocoin" and it never comes up in the search for just "Garmin Visit" or at least it hasn't done yet. Ours hasn't moved since we released it into one of our caches on August 17th. I'm thinking now that it was probably a bad idea putting our caching name in the title. :)

Regards Tarot

I was wondering about that too. Ours is called "Geo-Gophers Garmin Visit UK - Big Ben Geocoin" and it never comes up in the search for just "Garmin Visit" or at least it hasn't done yet. Ours hasn't moved since we released it into one of our caches on August 17th. I'm thinking now that it was probably a bad idea putting our caching name in the title. :)

All my coin releases have my name at the start, so it will help people understand that it belongs to someone.

They're all called "WRITE SHOP ROBERT's (coin name here(version))"

I didn't know you could search for nearby coins, except through a pocket querie for nearby caches with trackables, much less specifically named ones nearby.

Edit to add: Like WSR I place my name with the coin's name and when I search for my coins only 100 are delivered but I've activated many more than that.

Edited by Droo