Multi stop KML and route query

What technique do you use for making a multi-stop route query? I cannot create a multi-stop kml file using Google Earth.

I have tried making one with the Google maps website and converting to a kml using this website...

http://www.nearby.org.uk/multi-to-kml.php ... but GC cannot upload kml files of any size generated by that website.

Other than making several point to point kmls and having countless pocket queries to run, is there any fairly simple way to create a multi-stop route query?

Thanks in advance!!!

I am not sure what you mean by Multi-stop route. Do you mean multiple routes with spaces between them.?

If you just mean a route with stops where there is a line between each for one route there is an easy way. Go to the Add, Path. Just click on each point on the map. When you are done, save and name. You will see it on the left under your Places. Right click on the name and save as a .KML file.

What technique do you use for making a multi-stop route query? I cannot create a multi-stop kml file using Google Earth.

I have tried making one with the Google maps website and converting to a kml using this website...

http://www.nearby.org.uk/multi-to-kml.php ... but GC cannot upload kml files of any size generated by that website.

Other than making several point to point kmls and having countless pocket queries to run, is there any fairly simple way to create a multi-stop route query?

Thanks in advance!!!

I think that he is looking for the same thing I am. I ws making a route from Albany, WI to Bellarie, MI. Since there is no option to avoid toll roads. Also, the kml file cut across corners, instead of locking onto the road. One way to 'correct' the issue is to create extra wapoints to have the route use a via points. What I would be doing is adding some of them and then previewing it on the GC site. If needed, then add some more until I was happy with the route.

Clearer?

Thanks,

Wayne

Currently Google Earth auto-routes between two points and does not support "via" points to alter the route. A work around is to split your desired route into segments and generate KML files for each. These can then be combined outside of Google Earth for use with the "Find Caches Along a Route" feature. I have a page with instructions (link).

Thanks for the advice. I tried the "Add Path" technique to make a unique route and saved it as a KML. The resulting pocket query was exactly what I needed. B)

Ill also remember the KML editing idea. There can be instances where a curvy route would make the Add Path technique very tedious.

B)