Garmin Oregon .GPX files

skifast

Hi there;

Maybe I missed it on the forum somewhere, but the info wasn't available in the Garmin manual or online. I phoned them and found that the .gpx files need to be placed into the "GPX" folder, but NOT in the "Current" folder that is within the GPX folder. You can put your queries directly into the GPX folder without having to use any software other than Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac). Works great.

Hope this helps and saves someone else the frustration and the 1.5 hours I spent on hold (yay speakerphones!)

happy trails,

skifast

so.... ya have to save the file ANYWHERE but where it looks like it should go (to me at least...!)

been fighting my Colorado for a couple days to get the GPX's to work right! Thanks! I had gotten it right once by 'mistake', but reset the whole unit as I wasn't liking some of my other setings.

Have been using my IQue 3200 for a couple years... thought it was time to 'update'.... I was starting to get discuraged! I Wish Garmin had a little contiunity in operation. I now have 3 different units (a RINO 120, the IQue, and a Colrrado 400t), and each is a new learing experence... not always in a good way!

now that I got my GPX's to work, I am sure i will like the Colorado ALOT more! I have loved my IQue, but it's not very rugged and batt life is not as long as I like...

looking for a VERY productive day of caching tomorrow!!!!

thanks!

J

Hi there;

Maybe I missed it on the forum somewhere, but the info wasn't available in the Garmin manual or online. I phoned them and found that the .gpx files need to be placed into the "GPX" folder, but NOT in the "Current" folder that is within the GPX folder. You can put your queries directly into the GPX folder without having to use any software other than Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac). Works great.

Hope this helps and saves someone else the frustration and the 1.5 hours I spent on hold (yay speakerphones!)

happy trails,

skifast

hiya, ive got a mac and am thinking of getting the oregon. is it just a simple case of dragging and dropping the files then?

hiya, ive got a mac and am thinking of getting the oregon. is it just a simple case of dragging and dropping the files then?

You can do fancier things, but yes. Just open up your PQ and drag the *.gpx files over into the Garmin/GPX folder on your Oregon.

Excellent! i like things simple!