Found coin - number not activated

SpazW

Hi there...

I have a coin in my possession that I found in a cache in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It is one the Geocoin Nerd series of coins. The number is not activated....so that I can't log it.

Any suggestions on how to find the owner? I have sent an email to the manufacturer (Hogwildstuff.org) but have received no reply.

Help please.

SpazW

Edited by SpazW

If the coin isn't activated more than likely it was left as SWAG and would be yours to do with as you desire. Since it is swag it should have been traded for. Many coins that are left as swag aren't labeled as such so you don't know when you find them that they should be traded for. In that case then the next cache you could put trade items in there or go back to the cache you found it in.

If it is this geocoin:

nerdscoinback.jpg

I think you are out of luck trying to activate it, as these geocoins are not trackable at geocaching.com

You can either keep it for yourself or carry it to another cache as a trade item.

Edit: Ah there seem to be different versions of the same Nerd. v1 coins can not be tracked, but v2 obviously can be.

Geocoin Nerd Thread

Edited by Astartus