Garmin 60CSx software glitch

KALFJez

Has anybody lost the ability to acquire satellites when turning on the GPS unit? I have, several times. It appears that I "lose" a piece of GPS software which I can only recover by using the WebUpdater and downloading the Chipset G. That appears to erase from my GPS from time to time (after about two weeks).

Does anybody have any suggestions and/or solutions to solve this problem permanently? The software version is never older than a month.

Thanks,

KalFJEZ

Has anybody lost the ability to acquire satellites when turning on the GPS unit? ?
There have been a fair number. See this thread, and this one, and this one.

Does anybody have any suggestions and/or solutions to solve this problem permanently?
I haven't seen anyone who has reported this problem say that they have found a permanent fix. Someone who contacted Garmin about this problem was advised that if it happened more than once, they should contact Garmin for an exchange. That's my recommendation to you.
Has anybody lost the ability to acquire satellites when turning on the GPS unit? ?
There have been a fair number. See this thread, and this one, and this one.

Does anybody have any suggestions and/or solutions to solve this problem permanently?
I haven't seen anyone who has reported this problem say that they have found a permanent fix. Someone who contacted Garmin about this problem was advised that if it happened more than once, they should contact Garmin for an exchange. That's my recommendation to you.

I posted the same problem about a month and a half ago. Garmins replay was a power surge which caused the eprom to loose its software. This happened twice in a week. I loaded the software twice and haven't had a problem since. I no longer have the email or I'd post it. I was also told by a geocacher that if you press the find button before the SATs are aquired that you could lose the software. I hope this helped.

I too have had this problem. The first time I sent the unit back to the supplier who replaced the complete unit,albeit after a very long wait.

Now it has happened again.

There is talk of the soft ware being reloaded, how and where do I get this from? Is it downloadable?

Appreciate your replies.

M.