custom icons

6paws

Hi,

I know this topic has been here before but I can't find the info I am exactly wanting ... Wish to find a free download of custom icons for the Map60CSx, to be used through GSAK. For some strange reason I can't explain or seem to correct, my custom icons have been taken over by others that must be new to geocaching??? And I am getting doubles (not necessary all the same icon) for several caches. If you know of a newer up-to-date download I would appreciate your help.

6paws

This was very useful: http://www.thepropers.com/geocaching/60Ser....htm#Screenshot

but I am still running into problems ... for example, my own caches are showing up as traditional caches rather than the 'new' icon. Any suggestions?

I think you need to rename the custom icon to match the name that GSAK gives your owned caches. Be sure to rename the POI.GPI file to something liked "owned.GPI." This will keep the POI loader from deleting your owned caches POI file when you download nearest unfound caches.

Some great threads:

POILoader

Link to the macro and icon set that I use.

Etrex Vista HCx (POIs versus Geocache waypoints)

Garmin POI Loader Questions

Silly Garmin POI Tricks, Multiple Custom POI Files on GPSr

Edited by Kit Fox