Etrex Vista

Those USB serial connectors are flaky. They work with some thing and other things well the results are really random. Someone else on the forums had the same issue of it not communicating with computer. The cable might work fine but it the gps that is not liking the connection. Get a serial port board and add it to the computer. They are like $14.00 bucks at newegg.com

It is set to the right com port, I talked to him today about it I guess he even took it over to his neighbor who has the same unit and cable and tried it on his pc, but it still don't work and his neighbors does. He has called Garmin but they tell him it is a problem with the computer not the GPSr. Which I don't understand if his neighbors works on the PC, but his don't.

Do you mean the USB - smaller USB (not the technical name) cable? If so, I've found that on my Venture Cx, I can only use the Garmin USB cable with the large blob (also, not technical :laughing: on the cable. A regular USB cable doesn't work - like the one from my camcorder. The camcorder will recognize the Garmin cable, but not the other way around.