TB Terms / Definitions needed

djbones

Ok. In looking at various TB logs, I see different terms.

Discovered = Does this mean that the person saw it but didn't take it with them?

Retrieved it = I assume this means the person got it from a Cache

Grabbed it = how does this differ from retrieving it?

I did once find a TB in a cache that was not supposed to be in that cache. So I "grabbed" it. did i do this correctly? I then logged it into the cache I dropped it off at.

By the way.. Did anyone ever share with you how much fun this game is. I'm seeing all parts of town I've never seen before.

please CC: your replies to this post to djbonany@gmail.com as I'm not sure that the forum automatically sends replies to my in box

Thanks

"Discovered" I saw your bug in a cache, but did not take it with me. OR: I met you at an event and saw your bug, but you didn't let me take it. OR Three of us wanted to take your bug, but JoeTheCacher was stronger so he won, the rest of us discovered it.

"Retrieved" Your bug was in the cache/event, so I took it to move along, will place again real soon.

"Grabbed" JoeTheCacher had your bug, and couldn't find time to place it so I grabbed it from him. OR: Your bug was not listed as being in this cache, it shows as being in a cache in Spain, so I grabbed it (from somewhere else), OR: I found your bug and it was marked as missing in an Unknown Location so I grabbed it.

(Apologies if there really is someone called JoeTheCacher)