Problem with Magellan eXplorist 500

Domuxs

Did you backup the GPSr before doing that? If so, reload firmware and copy the map back. If not you might be able to find the base map on-line. Try The Goggle or search this forum as this topic has been covered before I think.

When did you purchase the GPSr? If it’s still under warranty you might be able to get Magellan to swap it for a newer model.

Did you backup the GPSr before doing that? If so, reload firmware and copy the map back. If not you might be able to find the base map on-line. Try The Goggle or search this forum as this topic has been covered before I think.

When did you purchase the GPSr? If it’s still under warranty you might be able to get Magellan to swap it for a newer model.

I buy GPS from ebay.com (USA), but I live in Lithuania, so warranty is invalid.

I format actual GPS device.

THIS site may help with getting your basemap back.

First do this..

- remove SD Card

- switch the unit on

- press NAV + PWR button (goes into hidden menu)

- select menu 95

- select format, press enter

then i swith gps on and message on screen , then funkcion NAV +PWR don't work

Don't use the conversion manager. It does not need to be converted. Make sure your SD card is removed. You need to just copy the BASEMAP.MGI file as you would a windows file and find the background maps directory on the explorist internal memory and copy it there.

If you downloaded the file from the link I posted rename the file to BASEMAP.MGI

Follow the instructions from here.

http://www.imhz.com/2006/05/my-explorist-is-screwed.html

Don't use the conversion manager. It does not need to be converted. Make sure your SD card is removed. You need to just copy the BASEMAP.MGI file as you would a windows file and find the background maps directory on the explorist internal memory and copy it there.

If you downloaded the file from the link I posted rename the file to BASEMAP.MGI

Follow the instructions from here.

http://www.imhz.com/2006/05/my-explorist-is-screwed.html

I copied file and renamed it but gps don't work. I have following instruction but funkcion "press NAV + PWR button (goes into hidden menu)" don't work.

So you did find the directory in the internal memory of the gps that said Background Maps and you put the file in there as is unconverted just renamed? The Nav+PWR button should work on the 500. Don't know why it is not working.

If you did all that then I am out of ideas maybe someone else can help.

Edited by storm180