Group hunting, anyone?

foxtrot_xray

Okay, so while I won't be able to make it down to Las Vegas, I do have a two-week vacation coming in Colorado. (Visiting folks, so technically I won't have ALL of the two weeks.)

So, was wondering if any of you Coloradoians (I'm an ex-, myself) want to go hunting for any specific marks between or around the dates of Aug. 26th thru Sept 3rd?

Here's what I have planned, and travel areas/dates..

I leave Georgia on Aug 25th (Monday). I stay at a friend's place in Denton, TX on the night of Aug 25th. The 26th I head NW to Childress, then north to Oklahoma. I get on US64 to Boise City, OK. Then I take *OLD* US64 through the northeast area of NM. I'd like to recover the tri-state mark, and those two boundary markers I brought up before on here. (Not-so-specifically, other arks along the old US highway.)

Thursday or Friday the 28th or 29th I'll be heading up to Cheyenne, WY with my bro. We'll do some train spotting and benchmark hunting around there. (Don't know exactly where yet, waiting for an e-mail back.)

Then, the following Sat (30th) and Sun (31st), I'll be down in Durango with the folks, riding the scenic railroad down there. (My whole family loves trains. I work on them, so I'm not too thrilled, but it'll take me to a place I haven't been hunting before. :))

Some time not during the dates above, I'll be heading out to Buena Vista (central Colorado) for a day or two with the dog, and hunting there too.

I leave Colorado on the 4th, head through Oklahoma. On the 5th I'll be along I40 and NE Mississippi, Northern Alabama, and back to Georgia.

Other than the marks I listed above on my trip TO Colorado, I don't have any other specific marks picked out. I'd like to get some out in eastern Colorado on the plattes and buttes, but nothing specific.

I'll go alone, but thought I'd throw it out there if anyone wanted to join in. :huh: