Looking for some help!

Rizzo

Hi there!

I am looking for anyone who would be willing to donate an old GPS unit to a young geocacher who is just starting the sport.

This young man is one of eight kids whose family has fallen on some very hard times. He and I became friends a few years ago at our local pool and his family and mine have become close. My kids and I recently introduced he and his brothers to the sport and he really enjoyed it! He is a quiet, reserved kid, and it was really good to see him get so excited about geocaching. He is an adventerous kid at heart, but just needed a bit of coaxing to bring that spirit out!

Anyway, his 14th birthday is coming up soon, and I wanted to try and find a GPS unit for him, but can't afford to buy one for him.

If anyone has an old unit that they don't use anymore and would be willing to dontate to this great kid it would be much appriciated!!

Please email me at mikeyha@hotmail.com if you can help! I will be more than happy to pay shipping or pick it up if its close enough to me.

Thank you very much & God bless!!!

Mike Hagans

I am going on a vacation for a week starting tomorrow, so would not be able to ship it until after that, but I have a Garmin 60C which is (I've found) a fantastic unit, with all the features of the current top of the line Garmins, but the sensitivity is not as good. But I've never had it lose a lock except in some cars/houses. Never outdoors.

Either way, the housing is cracked so I replaced it with a Delorme PN20. The antenna rubber is also rubbed in one spot. I will include a picture later. It is 100% functional, just not as waterproof as it used to be. The crack is pretty small.

Either way I will sweeten it by loading any Garmin product you'd like into it, for whatever region you want. If for geocaching, would probably load the newest USA Topos for whatever state you geocache in. You have 65Mb to play with.

Let me know just pay shipping and I will send it when I get back.