Trackables etiquette questions

1. I dropped a geocoin into a cache a few weeks ago and no one's grabbed it. Turns out I'm going out of town next week - would it be kosher for me to re-grab the coin and move it along?

2. Can I dip a TB if the dipping cache is a micro? It's a dog TB and I was thinking of dipping it at a neighborhood park micro, then posting a pic of the TB in the park to the log. Don't worry, I'm not thinking about dipping it into every micro in my bailiwick - just one or two for the miles and scenery. But I don't know if there are purists who would say "you can't dip a bug into a cache that wouldn't actually hold it."

Thanks!

1. I dropped a geocoin into a cache a few weeks ago and no one's grabbed it. Turns out I'm going out of town next week - would it be kosher for me to re-grab the coin and move it along?

2. Can I dip a TB if the dipping cache is a micro? It's a dog TB and I was thinking of dipping it at a neighborhood park micro, then posting a pic of the TB in the park to the log. Don't worry, I'm not thinking about dipping it into every micro in my bailiwick - just one or two for the miles and scenery. But I don't know if there are purists who would say "you can't dip a bug into a cache that wouldn't actually hold it."

Thanks!

I don't see any harm in either one. It's been sitting there for a couple of weeks, and most owners appreciate it if thier trackable items move from time to time, especially if you are keeping it on mission. Further, I've always thought that dipping came about because someone took a bug somewhere and it wouldnt fit. It might help the bug towards it's mission, and if you pul it right back out, it shouldnt raise any false hopes of getting it, unless someone pulls a pq at the magic moment the bug is in there.

Thanks!

If it was my TB and/or my micro, I'd be perfectly happy for you to do this. MrsB :P

smiley_chicken.gif <---- There goes that chicken <_<

As far as geocoin (and even TB) etiquette, is it inconsiderate to NOT pick up coins and TBs that I come across? Is it inconsiderate to not log a "discovery?" I think they're really neat and can't wait to find new ones, but is there a sort of obligation to pick them up and move them along? :laughing: (more silly noobie questions)

Go ahead and dip the trackable wherever you want. I love to see mine moving around and someone who takes the time to photograph it is appreciated. As for the few "purists" who disapprove, tough cookies. This is your game too, play it as you like. :D

As far as geocoin (and even TB) etiquette, is it inconsiderate to NOT pick up coins and TBs that I come across? Is it inconsiderate to not log a "discovery?" I think they're really neat and can't wait to find new ones, but is there a sort of obligation to pick them up and move them along? :D (more silly noobie questions)

Its nice if you pick up a geocoin or TB if you can help it reach its goal, or at least not hurt its goal. If it wants to go south, and you're traveling north its better to leave it for someone else. If you're staying in the same general area then picking it up and dropping it somewhere near doesn't hurt the mission and the owner gets an email to know the traveler is still out there and active. Its also nice to discover a TB or geocoin if you can't help it, since the owner gets an email and knows its still ok. You're certainly under no obligation to do either.

Thanks!

I have done both of those, and they are fine, IMO.

I have even dipped TBs into Virtual Caches. :D

As far as geocoin (and even TB) etiquette, is it inconsiderate to NOT pick up coins and TBs that I come across? Is it inconsiderate to not log a "discovery?" I think they're really neat and can't wait to find new ones, but is there a sort of obligation to pick them up and move them along? :D (more silly noobie questions)

Its nice if you pick up a geocoin or TB if you can help it reach its goal, or at least not hurt its goal. If it wants to go south, and you're traveling north its better to leave it for someone else. If you're staying in the same general area then picking it up and dropping it somewhere near doesn't hurt the mission and the owner gets an email to know the traveler is still out there and active. Its also nice to discover a TB or geocoin if you can't help it, since the owner gets an email and knows its still ok. You're certainly under no obligation to do either.

Exactly.

Well said.

Edited by BlueDeuce