WHAT ABOUT A GPSMAP® 60?

I currently have a TomTom One and I noticed I can't seem to get close enough to caches to find them if enough clues aren't provided. I am looking at purchasing a new gps unit and was looking at Garmin's GPSMAP® 60 , what you guys think about it?

Don't go with the 60 it has some satellite issues. Does not work well in heavy tree cover. Go with the 60CSx, its a much better unit.

I currently have a TomTom One and I noticed I can't seem to get close enough to caches to find them if enough clues aren't provided. I am looking at purchasing a new gps unit and was looking at Garmin's GPSMAP® 60 , what you guys think about it?

Don't go with the 60 it has some satellite issues. Does not work well in heavy tree cover. Go with the 60CSx, its a much better unit.

I believe there is a 60CX model as well which would most likely be cheaper. I used a unit with the sensors, which the CSX has, for years and never used them. Either of these work much better than the older 60 models. That being said, the older ones are decent units and were top of the line in their day. If you want to keep cost down then go for it,,, if the price is right!

well, now that I look at it, I am just a poor college kid....what would be the best/cheapest gps that at least has a base USA map? Like I said I have the TomTom, so I'm good on the autorouting front. As the basemap goes, I would like more than the usual roads and landmarks, maybe some topo. In your opinions with gps, is caching really hard without a basemap and using the oldschool just follow the line system?

Edited by ringoman5000

well, now that I look at it, I am just a poor college kid....what would be the best/cheapest gps that at least has a base USA map? Like I said I have the TomTom, so I'm good on the autorouting front. As the basemap goes, I would like more than the usual roads and landmarks, maybe some topo. In your opinions with gps, is caching really hard without a basemap and using the oldschool just follow the line system?

Following the line is great as long as the line takes you where you want to go. You really don't need any maps for geocaching. They sure do help though.....

I don't know if you have to have Garmin but I find the Delorme PN-20 to work great for caching. They can be had for $199.99 refurbed by TigerGPS. Got mine about 2 weeks ago and love it for caching, hiking and biking. I too was looking for a new Legend, 60, 76cx, etc.

The Delorme comes with mapping (Topo and Street) for the whole U.S.