BASIC Garmin for 2nd unit?

Family just spent our first week Geocaching, and love it. I am using a Triton 400, and other than the issues connecting to VantagePoint (GRRR!!!!) am really enjoying it.

With 6 of us out at once, we kept getting into the problem of multiple people wanting to use the unit at once, so we have decided to buy a second, more basic unit. I would like to go with a Garmin for this one just so we have one of each, but I do NOT want to spend the kind of money I did for the Triton 400. I'd like to pick up a used VERY BASIC unit, since I'll be mostly using it in conjunction with the T400 with all its bells and whistles.

That said ... can anyone recommend a specific older Garmin model to look for? Something that will be a nice complement to my T400? I would love to see a side-by-side "compare" chart of all basic Garmin units, but of course Garmin.com only wants to tell me about the new ones.

Family just spent our first week Geocaching, and love it. I am using a Triton 400, and other than the issues connecting to VantagePoint (GRRR!!!!) am really enjoying it.

With 6 of us out at once, we kept getting into the problem of multiple people wanting to use the unit at once, so we have decided to buy a second, more basic unit. I would like to go with a Garmin for this one just so we have one of each, but I do NOT want to spend the kind of money I did for the Triton 400. I'd like to pick up a used VERY BASIC unit, since I'll be mostly using it in conjunction with the T400 with all its bells and whistles.

That said ... can anyone recommend a specific older Garmin model to look for? Something that will be a nice complement to my T400? I would love to see a side-by-side "compare" chart of all basic Garmin units, but of course Garmin.com only wants to tell me about the new ones.

Try this link. It should answer a lot of questions

http://www.gpscentral.ca/products/garmin/e...-comparison.htm

The Garmin eTrex Venture HC is a basic model that has the new, better "H" receiver. It isn't an older model, but it's around $115 at places like amazon.com. It gets good reviews if you don't need car navigation.