Could have had a great deal on a 76CS.... grrrrr

adding2n2is5

I have been getting interested in geocaching and have been looking for a good GPS. Well I was away for the holiday weekend and last night after I got home was looking on ebay and other places again. I had found a used but new perfect condition garmin 76CS that had a bid of $120 plus $15 shipping with 30 minutes remaining so I was researching and trying to decide if it fit in the budget right now and decided against it but it killed me passing it up.

The seller is part of a search and rescue unit and they all got new different model units. Oh well maybe I'll stumble across another great deal when I can afford it.

I have been getting interested in geocaching and have been looking for a good GPS. Well I was away for the holiday weekend and last night after I got home was looking on ebay and other places again. I had found a used but new perfect condition garmin 76CS that had a bid of $120 plus $15 shipping with 30 minutes remaining so I was researching and trying to decide if it fit in the budget right now and decided against it but it killed me passing it up.

The seller is part of a search and rescue unit and they all got new different model units. Oh well maybe I'll stumble across another great deal when I can afford it.

I really like the 76 series of gpsrs and just ended up getting my 4th one. I know you are watching your budget but for about $50 more, you can get a new in box, improved 76cx that runs circles around the older 76cs. I just got mine last month for a total "to my door price" of $204, which was by far a better price than anything i found on ebay.

The 76CS is an older model GPS unit that does not have the High Sensitivity receiver found in the 76CSx. If you are looking at that model, make sure you get the 'x' model. Same with the smaller, more ergonomic 60CSx.

You might also take a look at the Legend HCx which can be had for around $180.

The 'H' means "High Sensitivity" and those are well worth getting as opposed to the non 'H' Legend Cx or Vista Cx.