Top Philly caches?

softball29

Hoping a Philly person can help me out.

A few of us might be heading to Philly this weekend. The main objective is catching a Phils game, but we're going to walk around, see some sights and all that good stuff. I figured, too, if I'm there, might as well look for some good caches.

Basically I'd be looking for some caches in center city, anywhere near City Hall, the art museum, liberty bell etc.

If there's any near Citizen's Bank Park or the Linc, that'd be cool too, as we might be able to land them one day when there. We'll likely visit the one marketplace near City Hall, too.

The others going aren't really cachers, but have been with me and don't mind. However, I don't want to make the day just about caching.

Thanks for any tips, ideas and suggestions on good caches! (Looks like a bunch of virtuals, too, so I'll be trying to get those).

Hey PJ! Assuming you're only thinking within the city, here are my favorite three caches within the boundaries of Philadelphia:

National Treasure 1.

If you have time to do the puzzle before going down there, it's memorable to be sure. The final is not available 24/7 - in fact it's fairly limited, but it's really good. It's definitely not the hardest puzzle cache I've done, but it's my personal favorite, very well thought out with a cool ending. My opinion may be influenced by the fact that I'm a fan of the movie. This one is right in one of the areas that it sounds like you'll be visiting, and non-caching friends would appreciate the final location.

L.U.R.E.

Great to do in a group; you definitely won't forget it. The puzzle part is very easy; my son solved it quickly. But that's when the real adventure begins... This one would take more time, and if you've got non-caching friends with you they might doubt your sanity by the time you're done... but it's worth it. :D But seriously, I guess you ought to save it for when you're in caching-friendly company.

Anne Rice's "The Mummy"

I took a previously non-caching friend with me to do this one and several others, and she still talks about this one. This one is also in an area that you'll very likely visit.

I'm sure there are many other good ones - I've done a bunch of puzzles but when I'm down there I never seem to get anywhere near the final locations with time to get them. If you get a chance to do any of M&W's puzzles, they're pretty neat and different than any I've seen elsewhere (e.g., this one). Based on the traditionals I've done they are quicker and easier other than the traffic and muggle factors. (I trust you've already noticed there's one right outside the ballpark... a super-easy grab that will test your ability to cache around muggles.)

I'll look forward to seeing what cool caches others identify.

Edited by captainmath

Thanks for the note, Kevin. I had one of them marked down, but I'll be looking into the others, too. The guys I'm going with aren't against caching by any stretch, but likely wouldn't want to make the whole trip about it. So I'm kind of trying to plan a couple around each place we're going etc., which would then work it all together. Hopefully anyway!

I did see the one outside the stadium, which is cool. I look forward to that one.

I'm hoping to get a bunch of caches this weekend, but I'll have to see how it all works out!

Anyone else with more ideas?