making my first cache help plz

capytone

:) altho i am very very new to geocaching. i am making a puzzle cache and would like to make it a

mulit-puzzle-multi-cache. what i need to know is, is there a min , max, or optimum distance between stages?

thank you for any and all help ;)

I don't know that there are a formally established max distance between multi stages. I would say that common sense would apply. Most multi stages are usually within walking distance between them although there are exceptions.

I would say that as long as you indicate in your cache description that there may be some considerable distance between stages you won't risk putting someone off. I think I would get a tad testy myself if I went for a multi just to find out that the next stage was three counties away.

I would also recommend that you go find a couple of multi caches yourself, to get a feel for it. Having some more caches under your belt will also help you in planning and hiding your cache and avoid making rookie mistakes.

Good luck with you cache!

thank you lrosell

i must admit i have caught a bug. the multi i have in mind would have onlt 2 locations and 3 puzzles about a 5 min drive apart.

the 1 cashe i have found so far was found only by the map on the cache page. i ordered a triton 300 and it should be in by the 14th. so i am setting up my cache while waiting.

agian thank you for ur help

capytone

... is there a min , max, or optimum distance between stages

None at all. I've heard of multis with hundreds of miles between stages. It's just a matter of how difficult you want to make it.

i ordered a triton 300 and it should be in by the 14th.

Hmmm, you might want to check the GPS and Technology forum and read a bit about the Triton. To put it simply, it has had very poor reviews from a lot of users.