Help

Anderoc

I am a newbie to GPS units and am trying to break into geocaching. Having some serious trouble with figuring out everything. I obviously purchased the Garmin 60 CSX. Questions are as follows:

1) What update software do I need to download for the unit itself

2) I keep trying to set up the "geocache" settings on the GPS unit but I cant seem to figure it out.

3) Cant seem to get the GPS to recognize that it is connected to the computer. I have downloaded the driver and the computer will recognize the GPS when I go to the Interface setup menu and push USB mass storage. Will the GPS unit never say that it is recognizing the computer until I push USB mass storage and then I get the picture of the little GPS connected to the computer, or do I have a problem

4) Can someone please give me step by step instructions for loading geocaching coordinates to the unit including software that I need to visualize those maps. TREAT ME LIKE I AM STUPID.

Thanks for any replies..

I am a newbie to GPS units and am trying to break into geocaching. Having some serious trouble with figuring out everything. I obviously purchased the Garmin 60 CSX. Questions are as follows:

2) I keep trying to set up the "geocache" settings on the GPS unit but I cant seem to figure it out.

3) Cant seem to get the GPS to recognize that it is connected to the computer. I have downloaded the driver and the computer will recognize the GPS when I go to the Interface setup menu and push USB mass storage. Will the GPS unit never say that it is recognizing the computer until I push USB mass storage and then I get the picture of the little GPS connected to the computer, or do I have a problem

4) Can someone please give me step by step instructions for loading geocaching coordinates to the unit including software that I need to visualize those maps. TREAT ME LIKE I AM STUPID.

Welcome

1) Install webupdater from the Garmin website, when you run it it will tell you if you need to update the unit

2) download EasyGPS from this link http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/default.aspx it will allow you to download waypoints to and from the Unit.

3) If you install the driver and the computer sees the GPS you do not need the USB MASS Storage mode. Just pulg in the GPS turn it on and use EasyGPS to load and access waypoints.

4) To manually enter a waypoint just press the mark button. It will mark your current location, then edit that point to the location you want to goto.

;)

Welcome

1) Install webupdater from the Garmin website, when you run it it will tell you if you need to update the unit

2) download EasyGPS from this link http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/default.aspx it will allow you to download waypoints to and from the Unit.

3) If you install the driver and the computer sees the GPS you do not need the USB MASS Storage mode. Just pulg in the GPS turn it on and use EasyGPS to load and access waypoints.

4) To manually enter a waypoint just press the mark button. It will mark your current location, then edit that point to the location you want to goto.

;)

Hey thanks for the reply... I just got off the phone with Garmin, and got it figured out... Thanks

To download a cache from the website to your unit, make sure you DO NOT change the interface, plug in your USB to the computer turn on the unit and leave it. Find a cache you want to hunt for and simply send it to your unit. Once it is successful, unplug the unit and find your cache by looking up in Waypoints or in Geocahce (under the find) button on the unit.

Sounds like what is happening is that you are sending the caches to the storage card, not the unit. Good luck.

;)

JPL`

You don't need the EasyGPS.