Nuvis. Are the 600 and 700 series solid performers?

I have looked at these three units till I am blue in the face. Everytime I am about convinced to pay the money for one of the two better units I find a bad review for them and a new review saying how roch solid the 350 is. I have a 60cx I use for caching, but it is a bit cumbersome in the car so I am looking for an automotive nav model. It always seems to me that you are better off paying a bit more up front than regretting what you bought later. But in this case am I paying 100 bucks for more problems? Heaven knows you can get a lemon no matter what but, your opinions please? :laughing:

I got a Nuvi 750 for Christmas. Love it! Almost up to 100 caches found - I carry it in a fanny pack when on the trail and just check it as I go along until almost at GZ. Works great in the car - use paperless caching with GSAK. Spent a week in Dallas and never looked at a map between the airport, hotel, training location, and the dozen caches I did. What else is there to say??

Can't go wrong with the 350 at all. I think they can be had for around $200 these days. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and it's never given me any problem and it's very easy to use! If you are thinking the 350, you might want to go after the 255, which is the 350 successor in spirit. The new nuvi models sport HotFix technology which is supposed to get you a quicker lock onto satellites. Combined with tweaks to the user interface such as an indicator at the top left of the screen telling you what your next turn is, speed limit display, and the ability to use photo navigation, it's worth looking into if any of these features matter to you.

Edited by ryguyMN