customize waypoints 60csx

have been trying to figure out how to customize waypoints, but to no avial, was wondering if anyone can help me out, i would greatly appreciate the help.

garmin 60csx

Here are some notes I made for myself concerning making Custom POI Icons and Custom Waypoint Icons. Other variables in the properties may work, but what I have specified works for me and meets my needs. I have run into problems when the dpi was not 200 on the background color not being transparent. If other parameters in the properties will work, please chime in; I would like to add it to my notes. Hope this helps.

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Making Custom POI & Waypoint Icons with Transparent Background</H1>

For background to appear transparent on GPSr background must be Magenta in color (RGB values of 255, 0, 255).

Lat/Lon coordinates must be created in the hddd.ddddd° format for POIs. Only the 1st (4) columns in either the .gpx file or the .csv file will be utilized when creating a POI. Name in 3rd column can be up to 44 characters and 4th column can be up to 88 characters of additional information.

Image Properties of the Bitmap (.bmp) file must be as listed below for Custom POI Icon’s background to appear transparent. Note: Custom Icon will be displayed if dpi is some number other than 200 dpi (such as 96) but Magenta background will not be transparent.

Width: 16 pixels

Height 16 pixels

Horizontal Resolution 200 dpi

Vertical Resolution 200 dpi

Bit Depth 8

Frame Count 1

Image Properties of the Bitmap (.bmp) file can be as listed below for Custom Waypoint Icons background to appear transparent.

Width: 16 or 24 pixels

Height 16 or 24 pixels

Horizontal Resolution 96 dpi

Vertical Resolution 96 dpi

Bit Depth 8 or 24 or 32

Frame Count 1

To check the Custom Icon Bitmap file Image Properties

Go to the .bmp file for the icon you want to check

Ø Highlight file

Ø Right click and ¿ Properties

Ø ¿ Summary and Image Properties will be shown in above format for Windows XP.