Colorado and Invisible Shield. How does it fit?

gallet

Just got my Invisible Shield a few days ago and i was disappointed to find that it's not scored so it's useless, had to pay to send it back. Anyway I've bought a Crystal Boxwave in the meantime because I've started to wonder about how the Invisible shield might mess up the beautiful Colorado display.

I'm particularly concerned that the surround is raised rather than dropped as on an eTrex and the top corners and bottom corners have a very different radii and I don't have much faith that Zagg will get it right. But maybe they did.

So how does it fit on your colorado? I'm very happy with it on my other units.

I'm very happy with the Invisible Shield. It fits perfectly on my Colorado and is fairly thick although it doesn't really impair the display like you might think. It's pretty tough and it would take a LOT of abuse to do any damage to the screen.

Hi, yes I'm familiar with the IS, I know it's a fantastic product, I was just worried about the fit. How much room to you have to play with between the edge of the IS and the surrounding bezel.

It fits just fine and can be centered on the screen with about 1/8 inch space top and bottom and maybe 1/32 side to side.

My first IS for the Colorado did not fit properly as it was a bit short. I contacted them and they sent me a new one that fit perfectly, and they even sent me a SASE to send the wrong shield back in. The same thing happened when I had to return my Colorado for a new one. It took them a few times but they got it right. I now have an IS that fits perfectly and no one would even notice it was there.

I have one on my 400t and it fits perfectly. I might have had a 1mm gap around the side but you couldn't tell there was something on the screen unless you really looked at it closely.

That's what I was hoping 1mm is good. But other replies indicate there still seems to be big variations, but as I know it can fit, I'll just keep returning it till it does and use the Boxwave in the meantime.

thx

Has anyone had to remove thiers for any reason and if so does it come off easily? I have to send my Colorado 300 back due to issues and replacement and was hoping I could just reuse it on my new one.

Nevermind, found this on their faqs FY:

Q: Can the invisibleSHIELD be removed?

A: You can remove the invisibleSHIELD from your device by starting at a corner and peeling it back, like a sticker – only it doesn't leave a sticky residue. We recommend being slow and precise, particularly in sensitive areas. The invisibleSHIELD is completely removable, but cannot be reapplied once it has been taken off. Please contact our customer service department if you need to replace your invisibleSHIELD.

Edited by jimbud

Are you sure about that? This is on the guarentee page:

The invisibleSHIELD™ purchase includes a lifetime replacement guarantee. We want you to feel safe and secure when investing in your digital life, and are confident that the invisibleSHIELD™ is the strongest and most durable protection you will find. Purchasing an invisibleSHIELD™ will protect your investment for the life of your device.

The lifetime replacement guarantee is simply what it says. If your invisibleSHIELD™ ever becomes scratched, torn or damaged in any way while protecting your device, we will replace the invisibleSHIELD™ for free, for life.

~~~~~~~~~

Technically there is nothing wrong with the shield, I am just getting a new replacement device. Guess I can always call first and see it they'll bite.

Edited by jimbud

Just play it with a straight bat, it's worth it to them to keep you as a customer to send you a 20c piece of plastic, so you will spend another $10 in the future and tell others to do the same. These people actually *like* sending out replacement shields. Why else would they go to so much trouble to make sure the shields don't fit as well as they should. They don't even cut all the eTrex Colour shields from the same die even though they are the same size.

Really the sellers of the IS are idiots selling a great procuct. They have all these documented problems with the fit and what do they do, yep they spend up big big $'s to redo all their already over done packaging. The new packaging looks like some kind of a joke it's the most elaborate box with die cut compartments and sliding sleeves with fold out doors and other boxes within boxes, all for a tiny piece of plastic it makes Apple's award winning boxes look inadequate.

This is the first time I've ever seen the old cliché actually be completely true. The packaging would be way more expensive to produce than the product itself.

Edited by gallet