Garmin Legend CX with a 2 gb Micro

I have a lowly legend cx that works great for what I do...but I want to be able to store more than 500 geocaches on it. I thought simply by buying a bigger card, it would make the memory bigger. Can anyone help me? I can still only store 500, and now I am totally confused. I use easy GPS, and I am not techincal at all. Thanks so much!

Leapnlizzy

I have a lowly legend cx that works great for what I do...but I want to be able to store more than 500 geocaches on it. I thought simply by buying a bigger card, it would make the memory bigger. Can anyone help me? I can still only store 500, and now I am totally confused. I use easy GPS, and I am not techincal at all. Thanks so much!

Leapnlizzy

Waypoints are stored in the unit's internal memory, not on the microSD card. The card holds maps track data and POI information. If you convert waypoints to POI's, it will hold as many as can fit on the microSD card.

I have the "identical" GPS and I've been adding waypoints on each outing, must not have hit 500 yet. Some more questions not covered in your FAQ link.

- What happens when I hit 500?

- My waypoints have dates and elevations attached, can that data be included in the POI's?

- When I've done waypoints using custom symbols, the symbols do not transfer to Mapsource, will that change with POI's?

Thanks

I have the "identical" GPS and I've been adding waypoints on each outing, must not have hit 500 yet. Some more questions not covered in your FAQ link.

- My waypoints have dates and elevations attached, can that data be included in the POI's?

- When I've done waypoints using custom symbols, the symbols do not transfer to Mapsource, will that change with POI's?

You can put whatever you want in the comment field up to 88 characters.

Custom waypoints icons should transfer to the unit. You must fist "install" the icons to the unit using ximage. To see them in Mapsource, you must install them to Mapsource as well. See here: http://www.thepropers.com/geocaching/60Ser...stomSymbols.htm

You can also use custom icons for custom POIs. These transfer with the POIs.

Custom waypoints icons should transfer to the unit. You must fist "install" the icons to the unit using ximage. To see them in Mapsource, you must install them to Mapsource as well. See here: http://www.thepropers.com/geocaching/60Ser...stomSymbols.htm

Nice wheels! I guess I'll have to change my sig to White 90!

Custom waypoints icons should transfer to the unit. You must fist "install" the icons to the unit using ximage. Did That

To see them in Mapsource, you must install them to Mapsource as well. Didn't do that

See here: http://www.thepropers.com/geocaching/60Ser...stomSymbols.htm

Killer answer!!!

Thanks Red90 . . . Crush on . . .

Edited by MtnHermit