Possible lost tag for item

Turtle Team

I stopped by a travel bug hotel and grabbed (what i thought was) a TB. Got home and realized there wasn't a dog tag on it. Although there was a string with a frayed end that MIGHT have held a dog tag. Item is too nice to be swag. It's a glow in the dark frog with orange-ish eyes. It's really neat. I have searched intensely for an owner or number or something. Searched the history of the TB hotel and found nothing. Now what? Is there a lost and found area? I have had lost TBs and know the feeling. I just want to send this froggy on his way and bring joy to some other cacher somewhere. Anybody have an idea. I found the TB graveyards but they are archived for about two years. It's a good idea. Is there a current one. Or a 'Missing board'. Milk carton or something?

In all the years I have been caching, and all the TBs I have seen, I cannot recall one that was attached by a string. Usually it is a ball chain, a zip tie, or something much stronger. The only thing you can do is check the logs, and follow each cacher's logs back through caches they visited, until you find mention of a frog TB. If someone did use a simple, weak string to attach a dog tag, when they come equipped with a ball chain, then they've just learned a hard lesson.

Graveyards were used before the "Mark as Missing" option was installed. Now we mark as missing and avoid false mileage when/if the bug resurfaces from missing.