Legal to provide a link to photos in your log?

Darn it! I thought I was in the website forum. My bad. They'll catch it and move it. Unless someone knowd the answer and then we can just end the thread :blink:. Yeah, Legal was a bad choice of a word, but you know what I mean.

Does anyone know if this is acceptable within the guidelines?

Thanks.

Edited by Morning Dew

It's okay.

It wouldn't be okay to do so in a cache description that required the person to visit the outside page if personal information were required, a fee was charged, etc. In a log, that nobody is required to even read much less follow links from, you're okay. You can even mention you stopped at a nearby Starbucks and give a link to the Starbucks web site and you'd be okay.

Edited by Mushtang

It's okay.

It wouldn't be okay to do so in a cache description that required the person to visit the outside page if personal information were required, a fee was charged, etc. It a log, that nobody is required to even read much less follow links from, you're okay. You can even mention you stopped at a nearby Starbucks and give a link to the Starbucks web site and you'd be okay.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Morning Dew

I have a smugmug account (similar to flickster if you are more familar with that site). It is a photo hosting website.

When I log a cache, find, dnf, etc. Can I provide a link in my log to my photohosting site that has all my geocaching photos?

Thanks.

I'd like to do that also, just don't know how to post an external link in a "found it" log. Any help?