What type of GPS should I buy?

e.sachs

I am currently looking at the market for a new GPS for geocaching. The price is not too important, I am just looking for the most effective devise. I would like for this GPS to have sub-three meter accuracy and, if at all possible, have a digital camera attached. How are the Garmin Colorado 400 series? Also, I was looking at the Magellan Triton 2000. This looks like it has everything I need but the customer reviews I saw for this product were far from stellar. Most of the reviews were from the early part of this year. Have they released a newer version with most of the bugs worked out? Is the WAAS feature any good? Any help you all could give me would be greatly appreciated. :)

The Triton series has had a lot of problems and Magellan is generally slow to fix things. Add that to the fact that their customer service is abysmal, I'd stay far away from the Triton.

The Colorado series came out with a lot of issues as well, but Garmin is very good about addressing them quickly. It's still a work in progress, but its getting better. There are also many features that Garmin users are used to that the Colorado doesn't have, and that generates a lot of complaints from Garmin aficionados. However, someone who is new to GPS and doesn't know what they are missing might be very happy with the Colorado.

I'd say right now the 60CSX, 76CSX or the ista HCX are the best units out there. They've been around for a while and are pretty bug free.