Garmin Colorado - "change data fields" in geocaching mode?

Crid

I've just started using a Garmin Colorado 300, having upgraded from a 76CSx. One early annoyance is that when you're in geocaching mode, there doesn't appear to be a way to change the data fields. I'm find with "distance to dest" (that's pretty vital for geocaching), but I'm really not bothered about "time to dest". I'd much rather see "Accuracy" so I can see how good the GPS coverage is when I reach ground zero.

(Or am I the only one who likes to see this information?)

If I select "full screen map", the GPS seems to drop out of "go to" mode and loses its lock on the target (essentially doing a "stop navigation"). I believe 2.51 fixes the issue about routing to a geocache in automotive mode (ie. routing via roads). Does it also make "full screen map" mode keep its lock on the target, so to speak?

I think the full map view is your answer, you'll see the data fields on the map screen that you have configured for the current profile, hitting Done will get you back to the standard geocaching screen. Screen shots are under Map View here. I know that 2.51 fixes the autorouting issue but I believe it is a generic fix that will fix the issue you are seeing as well, if you upgrade please let us know if it does fix your issue or not.

GO$Rs

....If I select "full screen map", the GPS seems to drop out of "go to" mode and loses its lock on the target (essentially doing a "stop navigation")....

I just bought a Colorado 400t, only had it only for a couple of days, and I've noticed this problem as well. This is after I updated the unit to the 2.51 firmware (from 2.4). It doesn't happen all the time, but it still happens frequently enough to be annoying.

~PhilAun

After getting used to all the screens and using my 400t in the car for the past 2 weeks I got out today and found some caches. I used the full screen map today and had no issues and in fact I have not had any of the problems I have read so much about. The unit has been working flawlessly and batteries (lithium) have been performing well.

Edited by Cache Viking

I'm sorry to report that this isn't as fixed as I thought it was with 2.51.

If I go to the geocaching page, pick a cache, select GO, then go to the options menu and pick Full Screen Map, it works as I'd expect.

If I'm on the map page, move the cursor to a cache, select it, hit GO, options, Full Screen Map, it loses its lock on the target. I've tried several times on more than one cache with the same results.