Price check

I haven't bought from them before, but I would like to point out that you can get a new unit for just a little bit more. Amazon.com has them new for 104.37 with free shipping. I know I would rather have a new unit than a refurbished one, but I guess that is up to you.

You'd be much better off buying a newer unit with the high sensitivity chip rather than one of the older models. I owned a Legend, and while it's a good GPS, it can't compare to the newer models performance-wise. $99 for a refurbed Legend that uses older technology doesn't sound like a very good deal to me. TigerDirect sells a brand new one for $99.99, why go refurb for the same price?

Check out Garmin's website and their "Comparison Page." There are several different 'H' models with the "High Sensitivity" receivers in all price ranges. One of those would be much better than the old Blue Legend. You might want to make sure the GPS unit you get connects to your computer with USB instead of with the Serial Port.