Looking for GPS for Boy Scouts

Sorry to hijack this post from the other Boy Scout leader but I too am in search of a GPS I can use for my Boy Scout troop. We cannot afford too much. I was thinking something along the lines of a Garmin Etrex or Garmin Etrex Venture (the green one). I got into geocaching and I think its something that the boys would enjoy too. Plus I think plotting tracks of our camp would be of great value too. Does anyone have something like this that they could possibly offer for a low price around $30 or $40 at the most or possibly donate? Thank you very much.

Sorry to hijack this post from the other Boy Scout leader but I too am in search of a GPS I can use for my Boy Scout troop. We cannot afford too much. I was thinking something along the lines of a Garmin Etrex or Garmin Etrex Venture (the green one). I got into geocaching and I think its something that the boys would enjoy too. Plus I think plotting tracks of our camp would be of great value too. Does anyone have something like this that they could possibly offer for a low price around $30 or $40 at the most or possibly donate? Thank you very much.

Check with your council, ours has about 10 yellow units that they will loan out for scouts.

Check with your council, ours has about 10 yellow units that they will loan out for scouts.

If that doesn't work out, try Craigslist. I just bought one for $40 about an hour ago.

Go to www.craiglist.com and look for the city nearest you. I found mine under "Electronics."

HTH