Help With a Garmin 60Cx

I have found an option to change the temperature from Celsius > Farenheit > Celsius...

This can be done with Menu Menu Setup Enter Units Enter Temperature Enter Farenheit Celsius Enter Quit

Being able to do this implies that the temperature is visible somewhere. Yet I am unable to find the location of the Temperature Display.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

When using Track and the Record Method is set to Auto the Interval can be set to Most Often, More Often, Normal, Less Often or Least Often. These imply a time period. Does anyone have any idea what these time periods are?

Thanks for any and all help.

I find I am getting more help from this forum than I am from the manual. I hope I become good enough that someday I can help others by providing answers. :grin:

Being able to do this implies that the temperature is visible somewhere. Yet I am unable to find the location of the Temperature Display.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

On the "map," "compass" or "trip computer" page, hit Menu and select "Change Data Fields." There's a "Water Temperature" field. There's also a "water speed" field, though I assume that's a calculation based on "velocity made good," I'm not sure.

When using Track and the Record Method is set to Auto the Interval can be set to Most Often, More Often, Normal, Less Often or Least Often. These imply a time period. Does anyone have any idea what these time periods are?

Well... not to be a smart alec, but "normal" is probably a "reasonable" amount, and "more" and "most" often are probably a little faster. Likewise, "less" or "least" often is probably a lot further apart. Overall, it's "highly variable."

Experimentation (ie. set it then start walking/driving) seems to say that "normal" would seem to be about 10-20 seconds, or 30-50 feet at a brisk walking speed (3-4mph), less often (sometimes minutes) when near-stopped, and fairly frequent at higher speeds (4-5 seconds, maybe every 200-1000 feet or so). It also looks like it might be "turn or speed sensitive" to a degree (eg. there's no reason to update that often when you're moving at a pretty constant speed in a nearly straight line, but when you're last two or three points are along an curve it probably makes more sense to update more often).

If you're really that concerned about it, you can always change "auto" to "time" or "distance" and set it yourself... ;-)